Free Intro to Empathy Training – Online
With Pema Khandro, Aruna Rig'dzin and Satya Shiva
March 9, 2020
Join Pema Khandro Rinpoche, Aruna Rig’zin and Satya Shiva for a free introduction to the upcoming Empathy Training. The training details will be covered along with time for Q&A.
Why Take Empathy Training?
A happy life. Loving relationships. Peace with family. Deeper friendships. Real Love. Emotional Maturity. Spiritual Maturity. Socio-Emotional Intelligence. Harmony with Co-workers and so much more. Join three Buddhist teachers for an eight-week course in the core skills you need to live with an open heart. Designed and led by internationally renowned scholar and teacher of Tibetan Buddhism, Pema Khandro. This training is also led by Aruna Rig’dzin Ross and Satya Shiva, Co-Directors of Ngakpa International and the Yogic Medicine Institute.
Research shows that 8 weeks of empathy training is enough to significantly increase our ability to empathize with others.
Who is this course for?
- People who believe they can change the world
- Are actively doing it
- Are willing to do the inner work needed to do it well
What you will gain
- Tools for becoming a better person
- Learn to deal with high emotion
- Learn to meditate
- Learn to Self-Regulate
- Learn to listen deeply
- Tools to resolve interpersonal conflict
- Set appropriate boundaries
- Know how to ask for what you want and need
- Tools to take charge of your state of being
- Develop self-awareness
- How to deal with suffering
- Vocabulary for identifying and expressing emotions
- How to work with your own emotions
- Ability to communicate in times of high emotion
- Assessing appropriate contexts for deep communication
- How to know when not to communicate
- Recognizing control dramas
- Steps and practices for healing relationships
Training Format – 10 hours live online (40 hours total)
- 8 Wednesday Classes Online: 12pm – 1:15pm PDT (UTC-7) Timezone Converter (10 hours)
- 20 mins of Meditation Daily (19 hours)
- Optional Monday Night Meditation Classes (2 hours)
- Co-requisite: Intro to Buddhist Meditation Self-Paced Class (2 Hours)
- Co-requisite: Buddhist Ethics Self-Paced Class & Quiz (5 hours)
- Final Exam (1 Hour)
- Certificate of Completion
Pema Khandro is a Tibetan Buddhist teacher, humanitarian and scholar specializing in the philosophy and practice of Tibet’s Buddhist Yogis. Her mission is to make in-depth Buddhist education accessible, to open the doorway to the great treasures of philosophy, meditation, medicine and art contained in Tibetan Buddhism. Pema Khandro is the spiritual leader of the Community of Buddhist Yogis in North America, she is the founder of Ngakpa International, the Yogic Medicine Institute, the MahaSiddha Center in BerkeleyCalifornia and Ngakpa House, a charity which supports the education of children and elders in the Himalayas. Pema Khandro is an authorized Lama…
Learn more about Pema Khandro
Aruna Rig’dzin has been studying Tibetan Buddhism with Pema Khandro Rinpoche since 2000. She is a member of the Board of Directors of Ngakpa International and the Director of the Yogic Medicine Institute. She is also a NAMA certified Ayurvedic Practitioner with over 16 years as an Advanced Yoga Teacher, Meditation Instructor and Panchakarma Specialist (CPT). Completing over 250+ hours of ERT (Emotional Repolarization Technique) with clients from over 20 countries around the world, Aruna is passionate about healing, sustainable living and giving you the tools to live a vibrant, healthy and clear life.
Learn more about Aruna Rig’dzin
Satya Shiva has been studying with Pema Khandro Rinpoche since 2001. She is the Chief Operating Officer for Ngakpa International since 2010 and is a member of the Board of Directors. Satya is the Panchakarma Clinic Director of the Yogic Medicine Institute since 2004, a Doctor of acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, as well as a NAMA certified Ayurvedic Practitioner.
Learn more about Satya Shiva